XP Shiloh Doctrinal Statement
The Nicene Creed (381 A.D.)
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through Him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.
For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.
On the third day, He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures;
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.
- We believe in One God, Maker of heaven and earth, manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God loves and embraces all people from every tongue, every tribe and every nation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, was crucified, died, was buried, raised on the third day, and lives eternally as Savior on behalf of all who come to Him.
- We believe the fullness of the Godhead dwells within Jesus Christ. He is fully God and fully Man. Jesus Christ has been given all authority in the heavens and in the earth. He is King of kings and Lord of lords. He is God over all gods. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and no man comes to the Father except through Him. The name of Jesus Christ is the only name by which man can be saved.
- We believe in the Person of the Holy Spirit who empowers and fills all believers in Jesus Christ who desire His presence.
- We believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit as outlined in 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 are available to all believers for the building up of the Church and to encourage those who do not believe in the truth and the reality of God. We also believe that God appoints five-fold ministry gifts (ascension gifts) to individuals He chooses as outlined in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- We believe the Scriptures to be the holy and inspired Word of God.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, CSA/XP Ministries will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the pastors, ministers, clergy and staff of the organization shall only solemnize marriages between one man and one woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, beliefs, or economic status (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of CSA/XP Ministries.
- We believe that the wonderful news of God’s love needs to be shared with all people and is a priority on God’s heart.
- We believe that God loves all with an everlasting love.